Skip to content
Log in
Register
4795
Kenn Nunn, LGRP & LPC images
Item
of 134
Actions
Share
Dinas Station and running shed.
This item is active and ready to use
Dinas Station and running shed.
Dinas Station and running shed.
Geolocation data
(52°59′55″N, 3°56′51″W)
Search location
Item details
iBase ID
2677
Title
Dinas Station and running shed.
Description
Keywords
Notes
File metadata
Dinas Station and running shed, 1947. Taken within a year or so of closure, the Dinas Branch continues north up the valley towards Rhiwbryfdir. This section of line would have been in use right up until closure. Afon Barlwyd bridge in the foreground. Note that whilst the left hand line is in the standard bullhead rail, the right hand line uses flat-bottom rail (albeit badly aligned), a rarity for the FR at this time. Stop block beyond the bridge. Despite appearances, the Oakeley Incline behind the station had been out of use for several years prior to closure.
To the right of this can be seen the quarry footpath snaking up the mountain of slate waste. On the far left are the remains of the original engine shed with a new end wall built about half way down. The old entrance has had a wall built part way across.
Source. LGRP 13112
///slurred.gallons.crumple
SH6939746373
Dinas Station and running shed. Ffestiniog Railway Views.
This item includes these files
Image
Links
Collections with this item
Other items like this
Kenn Nunn, LGRP & LPC images
Clear all
Search within
By field
By location
By folder / collection
By your searches
Export
Collection
TOOLBAR:Lightbox
Edit
Workflow